Need a little help with your research in Wichita and Sedgwick County?
WGS will provide limited research for a $5.00 donation to the Wichita Genealogical Society for each request. Members of the research committee will perform a one hour search of sources available in the Wulfmeyer Genealogy Center of the Wichita Public Library. Research is limited to Wichita and Sedgwick County resources.
Use the Research Request Form link at the bottom of this page. Please do not email us for research requests since $5.00 must accompany each request. We do not accept credit cards.
Be clear with your request.
Please be specific as to what you would like to learn when you send us your request. General requests may be returned without action. Please include as much information about the person you are seeking information on; i.e., dates, places, spouse, children as appropriate. To request an obituary, please provide the date of death and/or the date of the obituary along with the name of the newspaper.
- An example of an acceptable request is "Please locate an obituary for Sam Wright who died 7 Jun 1935 in Wichita."
- An example of an unacceptable request is "Please find any information about the Fred Smith family of Wichita, Kansas."
We ask that you please check available online sources first. These links will lead you to many helpful sites:
Some resources that we would be willing to check for you include:
- State census with state index for years 1865 and 1875
- State Census for Sedgwick Co only; 1905 & 1915, indexed
- Federal census, indices, soundex and Miracode from 1860 to 1920 for state of Kansas
- Some indices that are available and we will search include:
- Sedgwick County Portrait & Bio, indexed
- City of Wichita death certificates; abt.1885-1910
- Gill Mortuary records
Follow this link to our Research Request Form
. Be sure to include your email address should we need to contact you further.